[WriteLog] Lost QSO's in RTTY RU?

Scot Herrick scot@k9jy.com
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 00:33:42 -0000

We can't tell from this since you sent AZ as your exchange, not the serial
number! I'll send you my QSO times to you separately on our three contacts;
perhaps others could do the same.

As to serial number usage, if you have two radios and have a call in each
Entry window (networked or single PC) and delete one, the serial number is
not used again once the call is erased from the window.

Radio 1    Radio 2
101          102

If you erase (Alt-W) the call from Radio 1 and put in a new call in Radio 1
with Radio 2 still showing 102, the serial number will now be 103 in Radio
1. WriteLog *reserves* the serial number - not reuses the number - which is
how it actually logs what was sent (unlike some other programs). This causes
some issues in a networked environment where there can be some duplicate
serial numbers, but you should be fine. I don't believe you lost any QSO's
since WriteLog writes all QSO's to the log or a temporary file - unless you
didn't hit Enter with the second radio...

CU...Scot, K9JY

K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
http://www.k9jy.com
mailto:scot@k9jy.com