[WriteLog] Request for additional small feature

David O Hachadorian k6ll@juno.com
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:06:29 +0000

At present, there are two special-function keys, INSERT,
and PLUS.

It would be helpful to have one more of these keys somewhere
on the keyboard, such as numeric keypad MINUS. This key would
perform the following simple function:

It would send the contents of the "S&P Exchange"
F-key (e.g. 599 AZ), and it would put the contact in the log.

What I call the "S&P Exchange" is just the exchange you
send when you are in the S&P mode.

Of course, you still have to watch the other guy's final
transmission, to be sure that he qsl's, which happens
about 95% of the time.

This new key would eliminate one keystroke for everyone on
every S&P QSO, and would ensure that the QSO got put in the log.

Several times this past weekend, I found that I had failed
to press the ENTER key to log a second-radio QSO, and the
QSO information was lurking in the darkened second-radio
window, just one mouse-click away from being overwritten.
In fact, I may very well have overwritten some QSO's by just
clicking on a new green or yellow callsign in the second radio
Rttyrite Window.

Thanks.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ