[WriteLog] Long load times for Writelog AND for MMTTY

GilBaronW0MN gbaron@charter.net
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:11:51 -0600

I think the problem is the DOS Virtual machine. I run two linking programs
that link telnet to WriteLog and other programs. These can take a LARGE
amount of the CPU and that will slow things down a lot. Sometimes they cause
this problem and other times they don't. I also have firewall, Trojan
scanner, and other programs in the background. Usually though, my cpu usage
is only at 1 or 2 percent. It shoots up to 90 during load of WriteLog so if
anything else with higher priority (the dos vm, the firewall, etc) needs
time it takes it and the problem occurs.

Thanks to everyone for the hints. The defrag did help some and I was made to
think about the other things I am running.