[WriteLog] WriteLog10.30/LPT/W9XT Card ...

Scot Herrick scot@k9jy.com
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 17:39:25 -0000

Hi Jon,

The W9XT card is not supported on Windows Operating systems NT, 2000, and
XP. It works fine on Windows Operating Systems 95, 98, and ME (I think ME is
OK). The problem is the MS Windows operating system, not WriteLog.

The choppy CW you are experiencing is the result of a change in the parallel
port keying in WriteLog in version 10.29. In 10.30, if you had this choppy
CW problem (I've only heard of it on W9XT keyers), you have to add a line in
the WriteLog.ini file to have the parallel keying go back to how it worked
in 10.28. I experienced this exact same problem with the W9XT card and the
WriteLog.ini file fixed it just fine. Put this line under the [PORTS]
section of the WriteLog.ini file:

CW_ON_PIN1=1

Save the file and then restart WriteLog and all will be fine.

CU...Scot, K9JY

K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
http://www.k9jy.com
mailto:scot@k9jy.com