[WriteLog] Byterunner USB-4COM-110V Experience ??

Bradley Nowak bnowak@telocity.com
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 13:06:33 -0500

FWIW, I found that when I installed a LAVA Quatrtro Pro (4 port PCI) in my
computer, I needed to remove all other cards (sound, video and network) then
install LAVA card first then the rest all one at-a-time.

Worked fine.
Brad - N8SNM

----- Original Message -----
From: "Damon S. Raphael, MD (W7MD)" <w7md@azstarnet.com>
To: "WA9ALS - John" <wa9als@starband.net>
Cc: "Mike Rhodes" <weightdn@bright.net>; <writelog@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 22:12
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Byterunner USB-4COM-110V Experience ??

Check Vision Systems (VScom) at http://www.visionsystems.de  They make
the Byterunner PCi 8 port cards.

This a very well supported card.  There may problems with IRQ sharing on
the PCI bus with Windows operating systems.  Some of this may be driver
related and some may have to do with the motherboard BIOS.  You might
have to exchange cards in the PCI bus slots for the Plug and Play
function to get it almost right and then set the address space in the
Hardware Setup area under Control Panel.  I found this to work much
better in Win98 than Win95.

In Linux, Vision Systems provides a a configuration utility called
"vscardcfg".  When Redhat Linux 7.1 boots up, it immediately recognizes
the firmware info on the card and writes it into it's hardware
configuration file.  You then execute "vscardcfg" and it sets up and
initializes all the ports. Pretty slick.

Damon,  W7MD
Tucson