[WriteLog] To RIGBlaster Users

Kim A Kunze (N9SDL) n9sdl@arrl.net
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 21:03:50 -0500

I have owned the Rigblaster and most recently the Rigblaster Plus.  Yes,
they are pricey but in my case it was the best option for me.  For those
that enjoy building circuits, something similar can be built as Don
suggested for less.  I have no desire to build circuits, even if I had the
time.  When I get the chance for this great hobby I want to operate.  Again,
for me the Rigblaster and now the Rigblaster Plus has been a good
investment.  To answer the question regarding the differences between the
Rigblaster and the Plus model, I wanted to try FSK and I could not do it
easily with the Rigblaster but can now with the Rigblaster Plus.  It all
comes in a nice little tidy package.  The other thing that I like is that I
can keep my mic hooked up and ready to go 100% of the time without
unplugging anything.

I suggest that those of you interested in building your own take a look at
Don's great site.  Those of you that are like me, I like my Rigblaster Plus,
take a look at what is out there and you decide.

Kim A Kunze  (N9SDL)

-----Original Message-----
From: writelog-admin@contesting.com [mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Don Hill AA5AU
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2002 7:45 PM
To: GW4BLE; writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] To RIGBlaster Users

I've been waiting for replies to this one, but none so far.  I am also
interested in what advantages a Rigblaster or Rigblaster Plus has over
a standard homebrew interface.

Although not announced here, I have created a tutorial on my web site
called "Getting Started on RTTY" at www.aa5au.com/rtty.  In these pages,
I have tried to show how to get started on RTTY using MMTTY.

Since creating the pages, the #1 question I'm getting is about the use of
a Rigblaster, mainly the Rigblaster Plus.  Although I've seen them at Dayton
and read through their website, I'm still not all together sure exactly what
the Rigblaster does other than the basic PTT and audio routing.  I
understand
the Plus model has FSK.

Any and all comments concerning the Rigblaster appreciated.

Thanks,
Don AA5AU