[WriteLog] Networking solved but...

Barry w2up@mindspring.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 18:58:44 -0000

Tnx for all the suggestions. Here's what I did to solve the network
problem:
On BOTH computers, I created new passworded users with the same
name and password. This did the trick. First, I tried just to create a non-
passworded, identical username on both 'puters. That didn't work.
Creating passworded users did work (as it is documented in the WL
help files under networking for NT).

Next question - now, when I turn on the Win98 'puter, there's a box that
prompts me to select a user. Is there a way to pick a default and skip
this box?

Last, new problem. When I open the packet window on the Win98
machine, WL crashes. Ideas? (it's always something...)
73,
barry--