[WriteLog] Recording contest help pse

wa9als wa9als@starband.net
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:55:44 -0500

Scott and all, I've never recorded a contest, but wish to do so now.  I've
been working from the K9JY web site instructions.  However, I can't seem to
get my settings to "take".  For example, I can set parameters, i.e.
16kBit/s, 11,025 Hz, Stereo, Format MP3, and then click the Save As button,
SSB in this example, but preparing for the NAQP RTTY eventaully.  SSB now
appears in the drop-down Name list, but when I click on it, the attributes
box says "[unavailable]".  What am I doing wrong?  I do have Windows Media
pLayer installed, and this is evidenced by the MPO3 format being an
available choice.  Thanks!