[WriteLog] IARU log rejected--Solved

Jim Reisert jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:56:54 -0700 (PDT)

The ARRL prefers the log as an attachment.  It's easier for the robot to
extract it that way.

The robot is probably NOT seeing an attachment in your message, and therefore
isn't complaining, but some staffer will have to dig the message out and
extract the log manually - more chance for error.  Plus, if this is done a
month or two after the contest, and they ultimately find something wrong in
your log (wrong format), will you be able to quickly and easily find the binary
log and create the format that they really wanted?

If the attachment format isn't working for you, then it's best to root cause
the problem, rather than performing some work-around that makes the job harder
for the recipient.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com