[WriteLog] Re: NCJ

K4SB hamcat@directvinternet.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 15:35:26 +0000

Dave-KB4ET wrote:
snipped
> NCJ; however, they won't as this is a money thing. The ARRL needs money or
> reduce costs. The "dumbing down" on the test/code requirements failed to
> promote growth. So, no choice but to scale back services. I think the
> exposure of those that cause the tail to wag the dog was done on the roll
> call vote - it wasn't needed on the second vote. Further, I disagree that
> quitting is the answer - hang in there and help keep the dog waggers on the
> hot seat !! 73+GL, Dave - kb4et

I disagree strongly that a roll call vote wasn't needed on the vote to
remove the contest results. In my opinion, this was simply a cowardly
act by the ARRL DOB to conceal how they voted. It falls into the same
category as the newly enacted raises for the US Congress. They wrote
and passed the law which says if a majority doesn't vote against the
increase, it automatically becomes law, and then cause the matter to
never come to a vote by senior members using parliamentary procedure.

Let's see, I think it has been about 4 days since a message was posted
that individual directors were being contacted and asked to confirm
their vote.

My guess is the results of that, if indeed, all of them even bother to
answer such an
inquiry, will be that all of them voted against removing the contest
scores.

BTW, I too have the highest confidence in the individuals in charge of
the various departments of QST. They do a great job. But they are also
forced to obey the BOD.

Not my idea, but I seem to remember reading that the definition of an
"honest politician" is "one who votes the way you pay him to."

As for the "dumbing down", Frank Butler "supposedly" representing the
SE division, has voted in favor of every one.

Too long, sorry

Ed