[WriteLog] Re: NCJ

Steve Dyer sdyer@interlogue.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:18:46 -0700

We may not be the largest block of subscribers per se, but certainly are the
among the most ACTIVE HF users as well as some of the biggest consumers of
the equipment that QST advertisers sell.

Raw numbers don't tell the story her. Follow the dollars. I suspect the
80/20 rule holds here as well.

Shacks-on-a-belt don't cost thousands (tens of?) to build and maintain.

Even though I am sure I have spent at least that much building my "shed" :).

Steve
W1SRD

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 [mailto:faunt@panix.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 10:54 AM
To: llindblom@juno.com
Cc: jbrannig@optonline.net; sdyer@interlogue.com;
writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Re: NCJ

Unfortunately, contesters are NOT the largest block of
consumers/members.  I suspect that there are far more hams and ARRL
members/subscribers involved in the sort of activities covered by
Section News than there are contesters.

The Board is (almost certainly) doing what the majority of
subscribers/members want in these actions.  Rather than drop out of
the ARRL, more contesters should join, and contesters should recruit
others to their particular madness.

And this has gotten off topic for the WriteLog reflector, I fear.
So, please let's drop it here, and take it to your local Director.

73, doug

   From: llindblom@juno.com
   Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:14:10 GMT

   If it is not a business they need to focus on member needs.

   If it is a business they need to focus on customer needs.

   Be it a business or not they need to focus on my needs as a
customer/member, which my director did not do in the recent vote.

   73 W0ETC