[WriteLog] Determining Best Rate/Hour

John E Bastin, K8AJS jbastin@sssnet.com
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 12:23:39 -0400

At 11:11 +0000 07/27/2002, Jerry Pixton wrote:

>That works. Now I have to study the output and see what it is
>telling me. The average rate number is clearly wrong. Thanks for the
>clue. The read.me file clearly says "column", now that I know the
>clue.

The reason the average rate number is wrong is that the programs the
rate based on total contacts versus the total contest time. If you
had any time off, the program doesn't consider it.

My average rate numbers look ridiculous, because I almost never
operate the full time in a contest.

Hope this helps.

   _
  /~\ The ASCII        | J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
  \ / Ribbon Campaign  | jbastin@sssnet.com         K8AJS@arrl.net
   X  Against HTML     |          http://www.qsl.net/k8ajs
  / \ Email!           |