[WriteLog] Packet on COM7

Dave nr1dx@arrl.net
Tue, 04 Jun 2002 01:05:44 +0000

In the process of resetting up the shack computer to do SO2R RTTY and to
use MMTTY with DX4WIN , I added some more COM ports (total of 8 now...What
a nightmare..but I'm through that). The one last thing I would like to do
is to be able to  put the packet cluster TNC (a PK232) on COM7, For reasons
that I don't understand or have missed I can't seem to get Writelog to
recognize the TNC on COM7. DX4WIN recognizes the TNC there so I know the
COM7 port works. I moved the FSK/PTT line over to COM7 and that seems to
work OK under Writelog . And while as a work around I could put the FSK/PTT
on COM7 and the Packet TNC on COM3 and both are quite happy, I just would
really like to know why I cant talk to the Packet  TNC on
COM7.....Ideas.... Clues?

Dave
NR1DX
nr1dx@arrl.net

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns a lesson he can learn no other
way" .... Mark Twain