[WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] Multi-port serial boards

Jim Johnson jim@kc4hw.net
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:23:46 -0400

Why two computers?  Why not one computer and two radios, modems,
rig controls, band decoders, and antenna switches, what ever?

With multi-comport boards with multi-printer ports one computer can
pretty handle anything that you need for a SO2R.  The only think I
suggested is a dual monitor to make room for all the open windows.  I am
running Win98 with two video cards and two monitors, but Ed/K4SB just
told us where to get a single video card with two outputs for two monitors.
Pretty cool!

You think this is the making of a new category i.e., "SO2R1C2M" Single
Operator Two Radio One Computer Two Monitor!!

On 11 Jun 02, at 11:45, Barry wrote:

> Hi all,
> My second station computer died, so I'm planning to replace it. As all the
> new systems now are PCI only, I'm looking for recommendations for a 4 COM
> port PCI card that shares 1 IRQ. My current one is the ISA Byterunner which
> has worked flawlessly. I recall hearing about problems with the PCI version
> of the Byterunner a few years ago. Is it fixed now? Tnx, Barry P.S. I will
> be selling the ISA 4 COM port board I have now, if anyone is interested.
> I'll also be selling my HAL P38-- Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet:
> w2up@mindspring.com Newtown, PA                     Frankford Radio Club

Jim Johnson, Melbourne, Florida
jim@kc4hw.net - http://www.kc4hw.net
DXCluster RF Connection: 144.97