[WriteLog] Can't Select LPT Ports

Gil Baron gbaron@charter.net
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 18:54:59 -0500

Because if they were use to using LPT and don't want to buy a new card and
think it should continue to work with a new operating system it will be
needed. If it is not done then they are forced to spend extra time and or
money to continue to use what was working before.
This is NOT a flame, I am content as I have plenty of COM ports as they were
needed for other things. Some may not be so happy. I know it puts him in a
bit of a bind but that ahs happened to every other program that supported
LPT and some (Logic for instance) have stepped up and supported it.
It is obvious that it is not clear to MANY users that this is going to
happen and the reason for it. Just look at the number posts that wonder why
suddenly they can't use LPT. Part of the process of supporting XP is to
proved a driver where it is needed,