[WriteLog] Notes on MK-1100 Multi-keyer

W3YY@aol.com W3YY@aol.com
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 13:54:45 EDT

In a message dated 6/25/02 10:08:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, nr1dx@arrl.net
writes:

> It would be nice if you had the "OPTION" of having the paddle speed
> different from the internal WriteLog speed. My particular operating habit
> is have my paddle set slower than my run speed so if running at 35-WPM but
> want to do fill by hand because the station I'm working can quite copy at
> that speed I can fill slower without all the extra key strokes up and down.
>
> Different strokes for different folks....

Although I most often would prefer that the paddle speed track the internal
CW program speed in WriteLog, as it does, I think you've suggested an
interesting option.  Sounds like WriteLog would have to have a "paddle speed
offset" parameter that would set the paddle to plus/minus the current
internal WriteLog CW speed when the paddle took control.

With the current setup, the workaround is to hit the PG DN (I think that's
reduce the CW speed) key once or twice and then grab the paddle, as I think
you have noted.

My only objection to a paddle offset speed is that I don't always grab the
paddle for QRS fills.  Often, I just want to send something that's not in
memory and I don't want the speed to change.

73, Bob - W3YY

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---