[WriteLog] How to Disable Non-Logging Functions

Tony ad6id@arrl.net
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 10:35:47 -0800

Hi Wayne & all,
   If you want to prevent operators from changing the radio's settings
and controls (including transmit), just go to Setup->Ports and turn everything
off. I don't see anyway to turn off control but still be able to read the
radio.

   If this is not what you're after, please explain "disable radio control, etc",
especially the "etc." part.

   Our club has run several field days with CT and have had no problems with
ops fooling around with the configuration during the contest. This will be our 1st Writelog year - there may be some surprises, as it's more complicated. But
then it's controls are more obvious.

Have fun, 73, Tony

Tony Armendariz, AD6ID
  Garlic Valley Amateur Radio Club
  http://www.qsl.net/gvarc
FISTS 3535   WPSS  ARRL

"Anything's easy if you know how to do it" - Fred Murphy (Edsel's kid brother)