[WriteLog] AcomTools and Writelog

Dick Green dick.green@valley.net
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 13:30:40 -0500

Ron,

Split frequency is working fine with WriteLog 10.30b and AcomTools 1.5. I'm
using a Yaesu FT-1000MP. When I manually set split frequencies on 40M, the
ACOM is set to the transmit frequency only. The ACOM follows as I switch
transmit between the main vfo and the sub vfo. I also tried it by posting
and grabbing split packet spots, and that works fine too -- the sub VFO is
set by WL to the transmit frequency, that's where the ACOM goes and that's
where the ACOM stays. It's clear that the packet spots have nothing to do
with it. WL is reading the transmit frequency from the radio and ACOMTools
is working from that. Evidently, WL's FT-1000MP code is smart enough to
detect which VFO is being used for transmit.

It's likely that the problem is in the IC-775 or Writelog's interface code
for that radio. Your symptoms sound like the IC-775 is reporting the
transmit and receive frequency alternately with each poll. Take a look at
the programming instructions for the rig and see if that makes sense.

73, Dick WC1M