[WriteLog] IT WORKS!!![WriteLog]Anyone using WinVNC or PC Anywhere with WriteLog?

WA9ALS - John wa9als@starband.net
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 07:25:39 -0500

> IT WORKS!!!  FIRST QSO MADE WITH RTTY OVER THE
> INTERNET USING WRITELOG!!!

Someone on this reflector has already reported operating an entire contest
over a home network using a laptop - sorry I can't remember the exact
details - very nice score too, as I remember.  I briefly explored using
PCAnywhere to operate RTTY from work awhile back.  However, the concept of
being able to operate the radio from WORK became scary!  ;-)

As Bill mentioned, the concept of people operating radios from locations
that they are not really at is a problem.  New class - SO2R2L - Maybe I
could sit in the Black Hole and operate SO2R with one radio on each coast?
I like it!

I didn't know about WinVNC - thanks for mentioning it - cool technology!!