Fw: [WriteLog] No Rig

Jerry Ford benlightnd13@mchsi.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 22:20:17 -0600

Steve:     Maybe its me taht confused!!
I added an expansion baord to add more serial ports.
In order to do that I had to set the jumpers on the new board so they
would share IRQ's.  ( Not enough Interupt Requests to go around if I
don't share )  Com 1 & 3 are using IRQ 04.    Com 2 & 4 are using IRQ
03.   Each port has a different address but share Interupt requests.
Now back to your question:
I don't have anything hooked to Com 3 & 4.  ( Saving them for rotor
control etc.) ( later use )
Even though I am not using these ports right now,  they are available
for use and the PC recognizes that they are there.  Now,  I don't know
if my previous post was an incorrect use of terminalogy or not but
makes since to my
tired ole brain.
Just curious,    what about my last post was confusing or incorrect?
( Only way to learn is to ask )
73        Jerry       N0JRN

> Good you found the problem, but I am confused.
>
> If there's no hardware on COM4, why do you say 2 and 4 are sharing
an IRQ?

 Subject: RE: [WriteLog] No Rig
 Jerry,
> > > Check your port setup and make certain that Windows knows which
> > interrupt line (IRQ) the rig (COM2) is using.  Also  make certain
that
> > that interrupt line is not being shared  with any other port (for
> > example, COM4 in an ISA machine)  unless the hardware is designed
> > support IRQ sharing  (for example, PCI cards) and the proper
Windows