[WriteLog] using Write Log with MFJ 1275

WA9ALS - John wa9als@starband.net
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:04:22 -0500

> Not with the MFJ, but I recall when I was using LPT keying that it would
key
> when I brought up
> the computer and not release until I started WriteLog. Nothing WL can do
> about this !!

This is how some of the USB serial adapters work too.  I'm told that this is
the "right" way to do it rather than the Bill Gates way that the onboard
motherboard serial ports use.  I was using RTS at the time for PTT keying.
Now I use the 2 motherboard ports for radio stuff like FSK (TxD), CW (DTR),
and PTT (RTS) and use the serial adapter for everything else, e.g. rig
control.