[WriteLog] "Comm port not available" error message

William Hein, AA6TT Bill@aa6tt.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 10:14:07 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for all the responses regarding the IC-756PROII addressing
issue.  I changed the CI-V address on my rig to that of the plain
vanilla PRO mode, 5Ch.

However, I am still getting the "Comm port not available" error
message in the Setup->Ports form when I try to connect my PROII
to WriteLog.  I am using serial port comm 1 (motherboard) @ 9600
baud with IC756PRO set (I set my rig to 9600 baud).  This same
cabling and port setup is working fine with DXBase 2003 and the
756PROII.

I am running Windows XP Pro and WriteLog 10.32E.

Am I doing something wrong?  Anyone else using a PROII with
Writelog via comm 1?

Bill AA6TT

William H. Hein, AA6TT
10 Clark Road