[WriteLog] Erratic Cw

Larry Benko benko@aztek-eng.com
Tue, 28 May 2002 09:44:50 -0600

Your comments remind me recently of a similar problem I had when
attempting to do some PC based real time data collection.  My
problems were the result of a Windows background program called
PCHSchd.exe.  Run a program called MSCONFIG.EXE which is located
in your WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory.  Then look under the STARTUP tab
for an entry called PC Health.  If this item is checked then
uncheck it and reboot PC.  The PC Health program and all its
background work has been the topic of many discussions in the
PC groups.  The program is absolutely not needed.  This program
has some algorithm that senses activity/inactivity and when it
decides to activate the hard disk runs continuously.  The process
is interruptable after a delay period of a few seconds but that is
too late.  Hope this fixes your problem.

73,
Larry Benko, W0QE