[WriteLog] Erratic Cw

Rick Tyler rp.tyler@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 28 May 2002 18:15:29 -0400

I'm not a "power user" or Writelog, but I enter several of the CW contest
and have not had a problem with erratic cw . . . but when I first installed
writelog, I followed the instructions from K9JY's wonderful set up page, and
one of the things he said to do before a contest is to get rid of all the
crapola that windows loads in (I won't blame Microsoft, I'll blame all those
software companies who think they're so important that they want to take
over your life) . . . so I set up a separate hardware profile (like it was
suggested) and for contest time, fire up the computer using that CONTEST
hardware profile.  And when I check to see what is running after the
computer is fired up, all I have is Explorer and Systray.  Then I start up
Writelog and have at it.  I don't know enough to be sure, but I think that
since the computer has little to do other than Writelog, it's not busy doing
other things.

73 de Rick, WQ8Q