AW: [WriteLog] Erratic CW

Bill Turner w7ti@dslextreme.com
Tue, 28 May 2002 19:43:13 -0700

On Tue, 28 May 2002 20:54:24 -0400, Joe Subich, K4IK wrote:

>Yes, MMTTY
>would have PTT on the "CW" line but most rigs will ignore it in FSK
>mode.

I'm using a TS-870S and apparently it's one of those that doesn't ignore
it.  To be specific, when it's in FSK mode and the CW jack is keyed, it
puts out a CW sidetone.  That's why I ended up using a third com port.
I have an early '870 and I wouldn't be surprised if that was fixed in
later models.

The TS-870S has so many menu options, there might be one to turn the
sidetone off.  Someday when I have lots of time, I'll look for it.  :-)

Whew!

73, Bill W7TI