[WriteLog] Wish list??

Phil Cooper Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 18:23:05 +0100

Hi all,

I wonder if there is such a thing as a "wish list" for Writelog?
If so, I would like to see two things - but only they only have any use in
RTTY as far as I can see.

Firstly, I would like to be able to send a macro whilst having the
type-ahead window open.
There are many occasions when I want to send some free text first, and then
the macro (usually the contest exchange) without having to go back to
receive, and then hitting the appropriate F-key.

Secondly, having used WF1B for so long, I got very used to having the
ability to record all the screen data to file. In WF1B it was called an AIR
file, and contained ALL text that flowed across the screen for the entire
contest. It wasn't very big at the end of a long contest either! I doubt an
entire 48 hour contest would be much more than about 500k.
It came in very useful for reviewing what had happened, and also checking
any exchange that you subsequently found doubtful.

After using Writelog for what is probably the biggest contest of the year,
and with probably the best contest conditions for many a year, Writelog was
excellent, and performed flawlessly (unlike me!).

Any comments on the above from any RTTY'ers??
Maybe the above points are already available, and I have missed them?

73 all de Phil GU0SUP