[WriteLog] Writelog and MMTTY plug-in hangs

K4SB hamcat@directvinternet.com
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 18:21:21 +0000

Nick Lekic wrote:
> Hi everyone.
> We are having some problems with Writelog/MMTTY in WW/RJ contest this
> weekend.
>
> Our setup is:
> Dell Latitude CPI laptop PII 266Mhz with 192 Mb or RAM
> Win 2000
> Writelog 10.35
> MMTTY 1.62 plug-in in FSK mode
> ft1000mp + Rigblaster Plus
> 73, Nick
> ve3ey

OK, try this. After you get WL and Mitty going, do a Ctrl-Alt-Del ( or
whatever shows your current programs running. Now, get rid of those
which do not need to be there. Obviously, your anti-virus is probably
set to run all the time. You do not need this.
Just weed out the other programs and "End Task".

Check it after that.

Will just mention this although I think I have brought it up before,
but on all of my machines, I have taken control of "virtual memory",
and set it manually. I have a minimum of 256K on all my machines and
usually find that setting the SWAP file to 384 does fine.

Using 98 SE here of course.

73
Ed, K4SB