[WriteLog] Packet Window/Contest Bug

Kevin Brown - KC0CZI kc0czi@midmoskywarn.net
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:07:43 -0600

I think I can add my name to list of folks having trouble with DXTelnet
and Writelog.

Nothing exotic about my setup, running WL 10.36G and DXTelnet 5.1 on the
same machine - no LAN networking.

I noticed during my few Qs with CQ WW DX that I wasn't getting packet
spots into Writelog. When trying to manually start the packet window on
Writelog (windows -> packet window) I get the infamous Cannot create OLE
object error.

I've checked, and double checked my writelog.ini settings, confirmed the
presence of the msvbm50.dll in my windows/system directory.  Further
msvbm60.dll there as well (version conflicts?).

I've reconfirmed the DXTelnet configuration links dialogs and feel
comfortable that DXTelnet is setup.

Am I running into a bug here relative to what you guys are talking
about?  Any ideas on how to get this working again?