[WriteLog] BUGS WL

Georgek5kg@aol.com Georgek5kg@aol.com
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:32:29 EST

In a message dated 10/29/2002 9:12:16 AM Greenwich Standard Time,
ik2ncj@galactica.it writes:

> Very often people travelling for contest all around the world use Laptop
> computer that not always can have the last microprocessor available on
> market due to an high cost of laptop itself!!

Luca,

I routinely run WriteLog on a 233 mhz laptop with 152 megs of RAM from J75KG
with no noticable slow down in performance.  I run super check partial, and
'am connected via an Ethernet connection to a second laptop.  After 10 days
of operation there will be 8,000 to 10,000 QSO's in the log with no problem
in performance.  Everything runs lightning fast!

I have similar experience with several older laptops, none of which have the
latest or fastest microprocessors.

You must have something else slowing down your machine, or maybe you need
more ram.

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC