[WriteLog] Clariification from W6OTC Contest Manager

Steve Holton sholton@optonline.net
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 12:13:43 -0400

Going Hunting Don??

The rules as they appear today at both the CQ and New RTYY journal say that
for mults for the 2002 contest are:....

X. Multipliers: One multiplier point for each US state (48) and each
Canadian area (13) on each
                     band. Please use only official U.S. Postal Service
abbreviations to identify states (e.g., Michigan =
                     MI; Massachusetts = MA, Ohio = OH). One multiplier
point for each DX country in the ARRL and/or
                     WAE country lists on each band. Note: KL7 and KH6 are
counted as country multipliers only and not
                     as state multipliers. One multiplier point for each CQ
Zone worked on each band. Maximum of 40
                     Zones per band.

                     Canadian areas are VE1 (NB, NS), VE2, VE3, VE4, VE5,
VE6, VE7, VE8 (NWT), VO1, VO2, VY1
                     (YT), VY2 (PE), VY0 (NU)

Now as I think I learned to count there are 13 "Areas" in the list - the
Vxx thingies

The exchange is.....
"Stations operating within the 48 continental United States and the 13
Canadian areas transmit RS(T) report plus State or Area (Canada only) plus
CQ Zone."

If this is wrong and the VE1s send  NB or NS as the case may be instead of
VE1, while VE2s send VE2, and is it VE8 or NWT ??

George W1ZT posted this --------
"From: http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/rtty.html

IX. Multipliers: One multiplier point for each US state (48) and each
Canadian area (13) on each band. One multiplier point for each DX
country on the ARRL and/or WAE country lists on each band. Note: KL7 and
KH6 are counted as country multipliers only and not as state
multipliers. One multiplier point for each CQ Zone worked on each band.
Maximum of 40 Zones per band.
Canadian areas are VO1, VO2, VE1 (NB, NS, and PEI), VE2, VE3, VE4, VE5,
VE6, VE7, VE8 (NWT), and VY (Yukon).
The VE9 reference is simply missing but would be considered to be VE1 as
you suggested.
George .. W1ZT
BUT this is from the 2001 rules!!! You only get 13 thingies if you include
the province breakdown of VE1, which is not the case of the 2002 rules.....

So the rules as posted at the CQ site are different 2001 versus 2002

I assume the 2002 rules prevail, but if they are wrong they need to be
formally corrected ASAP.

24 days and counting - see you all on the air
Steve N1NB