[WriteLog] Clariification from W6OTC Contest Manager

Walt Niemczura walt@hawaii.rr.com
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 08:09:05 -1000

Barry et al,

Actually it would be better if the logging software was able to handle
all the allowable mults before the contest starts.

I don't know how much time we've wasted in a contest coming across a
new mult that was not accepted. I know that Writelog won't let you
complete a qso without a valid entry in an exchange field. Adding a
"note" and using a "good QTH" so that it can be fixed later is a PITA.

I for one would like to confirm how many VE mults there are and what
is expected in the logs. I would prefer to go into this with the
software ready to handle VE stations. I don't want to squander time
figuring this out on the fly. There is always too much of that during
a contest and if one of these episodes can be eliminated now all the
better.

It is good that we are getting this sorted out now and not starting
this discussion on 26 Sept.

73 and Aloha,

Walt
AH6OZ