[WriteLog] Call capture

Scot Herrick scot@k9jy.com
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 08:49:36 -0500

Two things determine the highlight and capture of a call (ignoring the
colors for Mult, New Station, and Dupe):

1. The call is in the file you have selected for the Super Check Partial
Window. This is usually the reason there is a difference between K9JY and
K9JY/4 with K9JY only being highlighted. It's also the reason you magically
get a highlighted call in the middle of what normally looks like a text
mess.

2. Most anything that resembles a call after a 'de' being recorded by the
TNC. This is a horrible misrepresentation of the code logic behind it, but
makes the point. This is why K1UG, who I just worked, doesn't show up as
highlighted. He sent his call as 'K1UG K1UG K1UG.' He's not in the Super
Check Partial file I'm using and did not have a 'de' in front of his
callsign. But I'm mighty glad he called!!

CU...Scot, K9JY

See K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
http://www.k9jy.com
mailto:scot@k9jy.com

-----Original Message-----
From: writelog-admin@contesting.com
[mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Gil Baron
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2002 7:52 AM
To: AA/WriteLog
Subject: [WriteLog] Call capture

What determines the highlight and capture of a call?
When VK2IJY/2 is received only the VK2IJY is highlighted and not the /2.
Should not the entire call be highlighted?

If I do Alt C it allows me to pick between the 2 but seems that the actual
received call should be highlighted.

Is there a setting for this or is that how it works?

Gil Baron http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
44.08333 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Hierro candente, batir de repente"