[WriteLog] Packet Spots

Scot Herrick scot@k9jy.com
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 15:11:11 -0500

I challenge anyone in the world to have a receiving station know that the
transmitting station is sending AFSK or FSK and then move the offset in a
packet window, which is what Gil is asking for.

Back to running 80 an hour in the contest....

CU...Scot, K9JY

See K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
http://www.k9jy.com
mailto:scot@k9jy.com

-----Original Message-----
From: writelog-admin@contesting.com
[mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Fidel Leon
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2002 2:31 PM
To: WriteLog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Packet Spots

At 13:18 28/09/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>use FSK? If so, it would be nice for the spot window to calculate this
>offset.

[Assuming the risk of being flamed...]

Don't expect too much modifications to the packet features... The WL author
told some months ago in the "CQ Contest" reflector that he finds using
packet in contests a kind of shame activity, and that he was quite upset
about the WL users asking him to modify anything in that feature.

Kind of "this is how I think contest must be, so this is all my users will
get". No mather any other serious contest software supports it: don't you
find anything but nice having to erase ALL WARC bands spots??? I got tired
asking for that, just to get replies like:

         -Use DXTelnet.
         -Filter the spots directly in the cluster, so I must set filters
just to use one software, and then revert the situation to any other, or
have to FAKE a different cluster callsign if I have my logging software for
"not-contest" spots.

And so on hi.