[WriteLog] FSK with Rascal inteface and 756Pro

Roland Guidry - WA5CHX wa5chx at arrl.net
Sat Apr 5 09:47:39 EST 2003

Thanks to all those that replied to my message, especially Bill Metzger who
can up with the correct suggestions for setup.

This is what I did:

Switch PC control to the USB to COM2
Selected COM1 for rig control in Writelog
Selected Setup and made PTT COMM = NO in Writelog
Saved Configuration "important"
Selected COM1 in Rttyrite drop down menu Port
Selected TNC setup in Rttyrite drop down  menu TUType
Selected MMTTY setup
Under Tab AFC/ATC/PLL selected FSK
Under Tab Misc selected COM-TxD(FSK)
Closed screen then setup Icom 756 Pro II for RTTY mode and viola.
Keyboard works perfectly, perhaps better than before with AFSK.

Contacted W0SA on first try for a contact report was 599 and good print.
Signal was reported as clean.

So, I hope this may help other Rascal Interface users in the future who
connect to the ACC1 port on the IC-756PRO2.

Thanks again,

73, de Roland WA5CHX.