[WriteLog] RS232 support for Acom 2000A (band info)

Barry w2up at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 5 19:24:25 EST 2003

Hi Bernd,
My setup is very similar, with FT-1000D, Acom amp and Top Ten band
decoders and 6 ways, connected to A/B switches, filters and stubs.
There is a software program called AcomTools, available on the Acom
web site. It works with Writelog to send band info to the amp, based
on the frequency of the radio. It works great with Win98, but
unfortunately does not work correctly with WinXP. So, if you double
click a packet spot, the radio QSYs and the amp retunes to the new
freq. before you xmit your ahhh or dit.
As I understand it, the original author of AcomTools is no longer
working with Acom. My inquiries to Acom about a software update have
gone unanswered.
Hope this helps. 73,
Barry W2UP