[WriteLog] SO2R & W5XD/K5DJ KEYER

Jeff Maass jmaass at columbus.rr.com
Sun Apr 6 16:41:03 EDT 2003

I have developed the view that using the W5XD keyer for SO2R is
by far the preferred way to do SO2R with Writelog, although it does
not provide all the capability of the WX0B or TopTen SO2R
controllers.

The impression I have (from reading here, and some comments on
other web spots) is that the reason for this is that WL does not
support the "third party" controllers to the degree they've opted to
support the W5XD keyer.

Those of you experienced with SO2R: is my impression wrong?

I have a W5XD MK-1100 (I've been using it as a SO1R keyer),
and the TopTen controller. Which should I install and use?

73,
 Jeff Maass       jmaass at columbus.rr.com     Located near Columbus Ohio
         USPSA # L-1192       NROI/CRO    Amateur Radio K8ND
Maass' IPSC Resources:  http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass/index.html
Circleville USPSA/IPSC: http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass/pcsiipsc.htm