[WriteLog] Voice digitisation?

Clive Whelan gw3njw at onetel.net.uk
Tue Apr 8 19:48:18 EDT 2003

Hi

What am I talking about?

Well, I'm not sure I've even described it correctly!

Those who know me, will appreciate that I am a dyed in the wool CW
operator, and any involvement with a microphone is anathema to me. That
is not to say that I wouldn't like to do some SSB contest operation.
Whilst .wav files can eliminate some of the drudgery, they cannot help
send e.g. " DX1DX 59001". Having typed DX1DX, I would really like the
computer to send the call/exchange. I know that e.g. DX4WIN announces
incoming cluster spots on voice, and so something of the kind must be
possible, albeit the output is always going to be somewhat jerky and
alien-like I guess. However I wonder what the state of the art is
currently like, and whether anyone has experimented as above,
particularly with reference to WL.

Any info. appreciated.

73

Clive