[WriteLog] Merging FQP WL Logs

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Tue Apr 29 10:19:49 EDT 2003

In a message dated 4/29/2003 2:05:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
w5xd at writelog.com writes:

> It was removed intentionally because there is another way to do
> it.
>
> 1. File Open one of the logs to be merged.
> 2. File Save As ...ADIF format
> 3. File Open the other log.
> 4. File Import the first ADIF file
>
> The end result is the same.
>
> Wayne

We just finished the Florida QSO Party where we were mobile and had 41
independent WL files, one for each County in which we operated.  We needed a
consolidated log showing the entire population of QSOs.  My cohort, VE7ZO,
undertook the job of doing log consolidation and in doing so, discovered a
cleaver and simple way of moving WL logs into Excel that DOES NOT require
Exporting the file.  Here is what he did:

1. In WL, click on VIEW I ONLY THE LOG
2. Using the mouse, highlight any or all QSOs you wish to move into Excel.
3. Hit Ctrl-C to do a clipboard Copy
4. Open Excel and Paste the image into a cell.  The entire highlighted file
will be replicated perfectly into Excel.  Walla...cleaver and simple is good
!!!

Note:  I tried this with MS Word and Notepad.  It does not work with Word;
the Callsign field gets overlaid with garbage. In Notepad, it works like a
charm.

Just thought you'd like to know.

73, Geo...K4FQP/m

George I. Wagner, K5KG