[WriteLog] Re: Comm port Interface...

Costas Krallis SV1XV sv1xv at eexi.gr
Mon Aug 4 00:32:12 EDT 2003

> I am in the process of changing my keying port from LPT to COMM1...
> My interface works fine, rig control is normal and CW keying is
> great, but I have one problem using the interface...

> Each time my PC starts/restarts my xmtr is keyed and stays keyed
> until I open writelog and select a contest log...then all is
> normal...when I exit writelog all is still normal...

> Anyone know why (and a possible fix) to prevent the interface
> from keying my FT1000 each time windows starts/restarts ??
> I am using windows ME.

Four days ago I bought a replacement PC for the shack. When
I collected it last Friday, I was told that the motherbord
was crashing with Win 98, so they had to set it up with
Windows ME. Now I face all kinds of problems: PGP 6.0,
IZ8BLY Hellscriber and MT-63 and lots of other programs
do not run properly. Also I have had the bug mentionned
by Leo N5PO. FOrtunately this pne was resolved with the
patch found at W3UHF's site:

http://www.w3uhf.com/digital.html

For the rest, I had to download PGP 7.03 from the Internet,
but IZ8BLY's programs still refuse to attach to the
soundcard.

73 Costas SV1XV