[WriteLog] Wrong Frequency (Sub Band) Logged with IC756

Ric Plummer ricp at charter.net
Mon Aug 4 23:00:49 EDT 2003

ICOM has an architectural ( as in computer architecture ) deficiency in all
of it's interface
protocols. This is, specifically, the computer can not read the state of the
radios split mode.
The computer can set and clear it, but it has no idea weather it is in split
or not.
This is the reason WL has special features for ICOM split and how it deals
with this terrible blunder
on Icom's part.
I love the PRO, but this is a real problem for computer control.
Having said that, let the computer control the split, in an absolute sense,
and it will log the frequencies the computer has put there, split or
otherwise. Now, it still isn't perfect, but if the split is set from the
computer it's OK, if you manual change it, it still has some issues, but I
haven't fully characterized them yet.
Read the help on ICOM Force Split and give some of this a try

Ric KV1W