[WriteLog] Using the Sound Card

WA9ALS - John wa9als at starband.net
Mon Aug 18 17:25:11 EDT 2003

You will get a lot of info about this subject.  I don't have much time right
now, but the top gun right now is MMTTY - a free program that interfaces
with WriteLog and can be made to work with DX4WIN also.  RITTY is a DOS
program that's expensive and requires a legacy Soundblaster 16 ISA card, or
possibly one of a very few others.  IOW - MMTTY is the best reasonable
program available.  This is a general statement, but most would agree.  Some
contesters actually use dual decoders - MMTTY and something like the DXP38,
PK232, or the KAM because once in awhile the "other" decoder will actually
pick up something your main one missed - rare though.  MMTTY has a good
tuning aid, as well as automatic tuning, ie AFC.

Most would agree that MMTTY prints better than WriteLog's WinRTTY program -
especially for very weak and/or polar fluttery signals.  Mail me offline if
you want to discuss it further - I'm at work right now.  73