[WriteLog] More QTC Improvements

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Sat Aug 23 12:41:28 EDT 2003

In a message dated 8/23/2003 9:53:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
geo at spidernet.com.cy writes:

> This feature is already there!
> No need to count, just key in the call and immediately it tells you if he is
> good for some more QTCs and just how many he is due. This is at the RH side
> of the entry window (in red).
> In general if someone calls me for QTCs I will send him some if there are 5
> or more, less than 5 is not worth it.
> Waiting till 10 can work against you. I once had 100 unsent QTCs at the end
> of the contest as towards the end, all the guys I asked to take them from me
> refused. Better to get them away in small batches than not at all.

George,

Tnx for the note.  For sure, you are correct. Once a call is keyed into the
log entry line, it does display the number of QTCs that can be sent to that
station.  The problem I have it that I would like to know the total number of
unsent QTCs WITHOUT having to key in the call sign.  That is what is needed, in
my opinion.

I agree that you don't want to be left with a large collection of unsent QTCs
at the end of the contest.  Throughout the contest, I send QTCs in units of
10 each. In the last 20 or 30 minutes of the contest, however, I am careful to
not accumulate too many.  During that period, I will send smaller batches.  In
this last event, I ended up with only 2 or 3 unsent.

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450