[WriteLog] HOORAY - Rig Polling and Kenwood TS-950sdx!!!

Herb Rosenberg kg6ok at pacbell.net
Tue Dec 2 04:39:29 EST 2003

I have been a long time Writelog user, using the software with both a
Kenwood TS-950sdx and Kenwood TS-850.  I also use Top Ten Devices to
automatically change antennas when I change bands, etc.

For quite some time, I had problems with my TS-950SDX "losing" it's
frequency with Writelog, sometimes even "thinking" I was on another band,
and alas, changing antennas as a result.... The TS-850 worked perfectly, and
both radios worked without problems with DX4WIN with full radio / frequency
controls, etc.

The problem was so bad, that for a long time I didn't use any for of
"frequency controls" with Writelog, and just logged the band I was on,
etc..... The last version I had been using was 10.38.

Well, this past Friday, about an hour before the start of CQ-WW-CW, I decide
to make a semi serious effort in the contest, and of course, decide, what
the heck, I will download the latest version.... (yeah, I know, an hour
before the contest with new software, .... )  So, I download the software,
run the installer, and of course, my registration is no good.  So, I panic,
quickly call Ron, who immediately emails me a new registration code, and
everything is finally set up about 5 minutes before the start of the
contest....

Well, after a couple of hours of contesting, I take a break, and then
decide, what the heck, let me see if rig control and polling is working.  TO
MY AMAZEMENT, it is working perfectly!!! I work the rest of the contest,
with 100% perfect frequency control, antenna switching, etc..... So,
somewhere between version 10.3x or so, and version 10.48, I do believe my
problems had been fixed.

Thank you Wayne and thank you Ron!!!!

73,

Herb - KG6OK