[WriteLog] "B" Problem

k6iii at juno.com k6iii at juno.com
Tue Dec 9 18:06:25 EST 2003

Archie,
I experienced the same problem. Here is what I discovered....
When I started up WL to run the 160m contest, I had actually selected the
10m contest - poor mousing technique (Note that these two contests are
next to each other in the list).

I went merrily along but observed the "Reg B" and same symptoms as you
described. I just ignored it and kept going.

It wasn't until I submitted the Cabrillo log that the ARRL ROBOT rejected
and reported back that this didn't look like a 10-meter log... That's
right "10-Meters". Then I looked at the Cabrillo file header and observed
that it indicated I was logging the 10-meter contest.

So I changed that and whatever else needed changing and submitted to arrl
again.

No problem this time.

So.... you may have done the same thing... started up a 10m contest when
you mean to start up the 160m contest.

This brings up something I wish could be implemented (or fixed). When WL
is running, I wish I know what contest format its was actually logging.
Perhaps the contest name could appear in a margin somewhere.

Jerry/k6iii
San Jose, CA