[WriteLog] ARRL 10M: KH6 and KL7

Al Burnham k6rim at pacbell.net
Sat Dec 13 22:59:43 EST 2003

Wayne:

Many thanks for your post solving this issue.

For anyone else still scratching their head over this, the answer is to
update your namedmul files with the ones that that Wayne just posted.

Very quick and helpful response, Wayne.  Thanks again!

73,

Al, K6RIM

Hi, Wayne!

Thanks for responding!

The problem is that the stations are not providing a serial number.
(Writelog cheerfully accepts a serial number).

I worked three (3) different Hawaiian stations on phone, and each gave an
exchange of 59 HI.

So the stations are responding with the abbreviation for their state (i.e.,
HI (Hawaii) -- not a serial number.

Checked the rules for the ARRL 10 meter contest, and find that they provide:

4. Contest Exchange:

4.1 W/VE stations (including Hawaii and Alaska) send signal report and
state or province (District of Columbia stations send signal report and DC).
(underlining mine)

But then Section 5 provides:

5. Scoring:

5.1. QSO points:

5.2.1. Each US state (excluding KH6 and KL7) and the District of Columbia.
(underlining mine)

So I am still confused.

Your thoughts?

With thanks and 73,