[WriteLog] WL not saving configuration "right"

Eric Hilding eric at hilding.com
Thu Dec 18 23:08:07 EST 2003

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, W. Wright, W5XD wrote:

> > post, IMHO, the
> > "SAVE" button should be right in this Dialog Box!!!
> >
> > BTW, in the messages dialog box, the letter "B" in SSB is underlined.
> > Exactly what does that mean?  The same with the "y" in RTTY
> > when you click
> > on the Setup menu and the drop down list appears.
> >

> As a Windows expert that knows exactly where the SAVE button belongs,
> one would expect you would also know that the underline is Windows
> way of telling where the keyboard accelerators are.

First of all, I do NOT claim to be a Windows "expert".

On EVERY other Windows program I own, and underlined letter (like on a
typical OK (or) NO dialog box, indicates if you press ALT + the underlined
letter, that will perform the same function as clicking the button with a
mouse.

On the WriteLog top menu, the underlined letters are, in fact, "typical"
accelerators.

I already tried ALT + B for the SSB "Accelerator"...even tried CTRL + B
and SHIFT + B trying to figure out if, in fact, it was an "accelerator" or
perhaps a typo.  Same thing with the CW/RTTY/SSB messages underlined Y.

Now you call it a "Keyboard Accelerator".

I looked up "Accelerator" in the Help file.  Nothing.

So I looked up "Keyboard accelerator(s)" and found nothing.

FINALLY, after clicking on several items labels "Keyboard", what came up
was a file entitled "Special Message Accelerator Keys".

Now, are you telling me that your "keyboard accelerators" (a/k/a "Special
Message Accelerator Keys" are synonomous with "F/Function" keys?

Wayne, when you infer that your customer is an idiot, it might be wise to
consider that your customer is telling you THAT YOUR HELP FILES and
terminology are UNCLEAR.

Your SSB and CW/RTTY/SSB messages "keyboard acclerators" do NOT peform as
TYPICAL "Windows" "keyboard accelerators" as I have found them to be.

Perhaps the problem is in terminology???

Once again, the "Standard" Windows behavior for "keyboard accelerators" is
to do ALT + (the underlined key) and see something happen.

You really know how to p*ss off a customer, Wayne.