[WriteLog] 9A Contest Module

Jan-Eric Rehn - SM3CER jan-eric.rehn at telia.com
Fri Dec 19 23:19:33 EST 2003

Hello Scott,

At 22:26 2003-12-19, you wrote:
>Have downloaded the module for the 9A CW Contest, and am trying to run the
>'regsvr32 crocw.dll' routine as described in an earlier post today...
>
>The crocw.dll file is in the C:\ham\programs  directory, where all the
>Writelog program files are...
>
>I reboot to DOS mode and type   regsvr32 crocw.dll    (as the instructions
>say) but I keep getting a "Bad Command of Filename" error...

I tried myself in DOS mode and didn't get it to work either... :-(

The reason I wrote DOS mode was that I'm using a file manager called "Total
Commander". At the bottom there is a window where you can type DOS
commands. That's where I typed my command. I thought that was the same as
being in the DOS mode. It seems I was wrong.

However, I tried another thing:
I went to "Start - Run" and typed the following:

regsvr32 c:\ham\writelog\programs\crocw.dll
as that is where I have my Writelog files and that was working for me.

( You need to type exactly where to find crocw.dll )

I got a message saying:
"DLLRegisterServer in c:\ham\writelog\programs\crocw.dll succeeded".

When I started Writelog after that I got a new contest name in there
saying: "9A CW Contest".

I tried on two different computers, one with Windows 98SE and one with XP
Home. I'm still using WriteLog V10.40J. OK on both computers.

>Tried it a half dozen times, all files are where they should be...
>
>Anybody have success in loading this module ?
>
>73,
>
>Scott VE1OP

73 de Jan

                        \\\|///
                      \\  ~ ~  //
                       (  @ @  )
Jan-Eric Rehn - SM3CER - Contest call: 7S3A
SSA Contest Manager - SWEDEN
E-mail: <mailto:sm3cer at contesting.com>sm3cer at contesting.com - ICQ: 11074897
SM3CER Contest Service:
<http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/>http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/
SK3BG Web Site: <http://www.sk3bg.se/>http://www.sk3bg.se/
Also QRV in MS or MM from: SI9AM - SK3IK - SL3ZV
K6U at WRTC-96 / Referee at WRTC-2000 and WRTC-2002