[WriteLog] An answer for K6VVA

Dave L Thompson k4jrb at juno.com
Tue Dec 30 18:43:46 EST 2003

I tried replying to Eric K6VVA but got bumped as spam by his filter.
Sorry for the band width but there are a lot of SSB Contesters out
there...

Eric,

The best most operators do on SSB is record a set of wav files for the
prefixes and for each letter of the alphabet.  Then set a function key
for call sent.   For example F5 then K6VVA would send kilowatt 6 victor
victor alpha.   Keying the call would select the wav files.

Its still robot sounding with the spacing.  If you find someone who can
do it better let me know.  Dx contests are more difficult.  I think the
ultimate answer will be voice recognition that you set up and then mix to
get the more natural sounds not wav files.  Wav files are better for 5905
or 59 Georgia.

73 Dave K4JRB