[WriteLog] Correct WL upgrade procedure?

Jerry Flanders jeflanders at comcast.net
Sat Feb 1 17:04:52 EST 2003

Hi Wayne

I am preparing a laptop to take on the road so I can operate WL from my
camper on an extended trip. After I install the "full" WL version I got
when I paid my upgrade fee, do I have to install _every_ upgrade release
(and "patch" releases also) in sequence to bring the laptop up to date, or
just the most recent WL upgrade?

I would expect the latest upgrade to always update EVERYTHING, but I doubt
because on the WL "version Numbering" page,  you say: "For new versions
that change just the minor version number, we rebuild only the executables
that change in that version." You don't explain if the upgrade _includes_
all previously changed versions of executables, or only the ones being
changed in this minor version number release.

Thanks

Jerry W4UK