[WriteLog] RE: Serial Numbers and IOTA (as example)

Jim Brannigan jbrannig at optonline.net
Tue Feb 4 15:27:52 EST 2003

 24 hours into a contest, the contest station is expecting to receive a high
serial number.  It is my experience that if I give a serial "1", it takes a
few tries until the other station says" Oh, I'm your first contact".  By
giving out a high serial number, I meet their expectation and save time for
both of us.

As far as letting the other station know I am a casual operator....I'm
lost...they are looking for a contest point not writing my biography...

The point of my post was to demonstrate that sequential serial numbers are
not absolutely necessary.

If you need further clarification, please contact me privately.

Jim